DRUM COVER: "Breakdown" by Mae
I've been doing drum covers since 2017. I've been playing along to my favorite bands since I first picked up a pair of sticks. I don't recall having quite as much of a hard time learning and tracking a song as I did with "Breakdown," by Mae. I literally almost had a breakdown while trying to make this blasted cover!
The thing is, the beat is not hard at all. Sure it starts on the and of two with the ghost note of a snare flam and creates this almost off-time feel, but that wasn't what was stumping me. In fact, I'm still not quite sure why I had such a hard time with this song.
In any case, I talk about it on the video before the actual cover. I also challenge my YouTube drumming brothers and sisters to play along to this song and let me know if you find it challenging too, or if I was just having a case of the Simone Biles (too soon?).
I hope you enjoy:
Album: The Everglow (2005 Tooth & Nail Records)
Original Drummer: Jacob Marshall
Music: Drumless Track via XTRAX Stems
- DW Design Piano Black Drumset
9x10, 10x12, 14x16, 18x22
- Ludwig Black Beauty 5x14 Snare Drum
- DW Blue Pearl Oyster 5x12 Side Snare
- Zildjian Cymbals
16" A Sound Effects Oriental Trash China
- RhythmTech Mounted Tambourine
- Pearl HH3 ChaBELLa Horatio Hernandez Cowbell
- ProMark 5B Balance Rebound Wood Sticks
- DW Hardware & drumheads
- Audix drum microphones (i5, D2, D4, D6)
- MXL microphones (Mogami 603S)
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- GoPro Hero 5 Black
- GoPro Hero 8 Black (x3)
- Behringer U-Phoria UMC-1820 Interface
- Obeamiu 5600k USB Studio Lighting Kit 3-Pack
- Apple iMac 27" Retina 2019
- Logic Pro X
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2021
- Adobe After Effects CC 2021
- Adobe Photoshop CC 2021
If you want to support my channel, please consider the following:
Becoming a PATRON on my PATREON Page for access to exclusive content!
Subscribing to my FansTXT page for exclusive texts and content!
Purchasing something from my MERCH STORE
Purchasing something from the Amazon links listed throughout my website
SUBSCRIBING to my YouTube Channel
and SHARING my content with all your friends
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CONTINUED SUPPORT!